While meeting Randall Whitehead again in Dallas this year, he gave yet another remarkable speech. He not only is talented but so very funny and jokes throughout.
Here are some pointers and remember lighting changes the space differently in the night and day:
- Good lighting is subtle.
- Shadows create depth and drama, you don’t have to highlight everything.
- Use light layering to produce different scenes.
- The four designs of light are accent, decorative, task and ambient.
- Setting moods is important for entertainment, enjoying family and full blast for cleaning up.
- Create scenes for outdoor rooms which can expand your interior spaces at night.